Justin Solonynka a 7th and 8th grade teacher at Abington Friends School in Jenkintown, PA recently gave a presentation on big numbers for their independently organized TED event TEDxAFS.
Justin used a couple of VerizonMath clips to help express the importance of math on our daily lives. He goes on to give a great presentation about probability and some entertaining ways to help make math more approachable and interesting to students. I even learned something very interesting that I had never realized, but I won't mention it as not to spoil it. It was the part about the Milky Way.
Thank you Justin for including my clips in your talk, mentioning this blog, and for making strides to help reduce innumeracy.
Watch it here:
- Original Full Length Recording
- 12-07-2006 - Initial Post
- 12-08-2006 - First Email From Verizon - 50% Refund
- 12-08-2006 - My Response to Verizon
- 12-10-2006 - Response from Verizon - Full Refund - No Explicit Admission of Fault
- 12-10-2006 - Second Known Instance of the Problem
- 12-11-2006 - Verizon Admits Fault - But have not taken care of other cases
- 12-11-2006 - Open Letter to Verizon Management
- 12-13-2006 - Will Verizon Live up to its Worry Free Guarantee
- 12-14-2006 - Verizon is still Quoting .002 cents