Consumerist.com has a great new story about a guy who sued Verizon and won. In the process a warrant was issued for Verizon's arrest. (Thanks to Davman for the link.)
If anyone knows Verizon's whereabouts, or has had any contact with Verizon in the last few days you may want to alert your local authorities. ;)
Also, I wanted to update anyone still following the blog about Peter, the other known person to get screwed by the cents vs. dollars issue. A while back he initiated contact with Verizon for what I count would be the 10th or so time (Worry free guarantee my a$$) and the notes on his account must have been annotated galore - because according to him, it was like a completely different experience. They immediately took care of his problem. Better late than never, but wow.
I wonder if they shift some of their funds from commercials like "can you hear me now?" to customer service if their bottom line would increase or decrease.
Have a nice weekend!
- Original Full Length Recording
- 12-07-2006 - Initial Post
- 12-08-2006 - First Email From Verizon - 50% Refund
- 12-08-2006 - My Response to Verizon
- 12-10-2006 - Response from Verizon - Full Refund - No Explicit Admission of Fault
- 12-10-2006 - Second Known Instance of the Problem
- 12-11-2006 - Verizon Admits Fault - But have not taken care of other cases
- 12-11-2006 - Open Letter to Verizon Management
- 12-13-2006 - Will Verizon Live up to its Worry Free Guarantee
- 12-14-2006 - Verizon is still Quoting .002 cents